The first batch includes 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Sea Wolf alongside Mutiny On Board HMS Bounty and South by Sir Ernest Shackleton. Next year we will publish Robinson Crusoe and Lord Jim. Each book contains an exclusive Foreword from a notable writer, sailor or adventurer, such as Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Bear Grylls.
But what’s your favourite? Is it on this list? Or is there another one you’d like to see us publish? Leave us a comment and tell us why.
- Robinson Crusoe (Daniel Defoe)
- The Swiss Family Robinson (Johann David Wyss)
- Treasure Island (Robert Louis Stevenson)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Jules Verne)
- Moby Dick (Herman Melville)
- The Sea Wolf (Jack London)
- Lord Jim (Joseph Conrad)
- The Old Man and the Sea (Ernest Hemingway)
- To Have and Have Not (Ernest Hemingway)
- Three Men in a Boat (Jerome K Jerome)
- Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransome)
- The Riddle of the Sands (Erskine Childers)
- The Pirate (Sir Walter Scott)
- The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket (Edgar Allen Poe)
- Two Years Before the Mast (Richard Henry Dana)
WIN! To be in with a chance of winning a complete set of the first four books in the Adlard Coles Maritime Classics series, visit our Facebook page and tell us which classic you would like to see us publish next – whether it’s on the list or not.